Thursday, January 19, 2012

Interview with cast member: DAVE

Blake Gardner as undercover cop heading to Roy Thomas's Halloween Party

TBA:  You are a native of South Carolina.  What's it like filming on location at the pre-Civil war residence?
BG: The set location was so beautiful and full of so much history and character.  I can't think of a better setting for the film to take place.  I have to admit I was a little creeped out by some of the stories behind the house we filmed in, but it grows on you.  I miss being there.  It saddens me that more film makers don't shoot here in South Carolina considering so many of the beautiful cities and historical and modern sites it has to offer.

TBA:  How has this experience been different than any of the other films/television productions you have been a part of?
BG: Well, I'm still new to the industry and this was the longest project I have worked on so far.  In the past I haven't been a part of any projects long enough to form relationships with the people I work with.  The difference here was my privilege to connect with cast and crew of the film.  We dropped all boundaries and had such a fun time making the movie together.

TBA:  What was your favorite part of participating in the improvisational scenes in the movie?
 BG: Anytime you get to do improv it's such a fun release.  The freedom of getting out the box and exploring the unscripted details of your character's personality can be a fun experience if you let yourself fall into it.  When you rehearse your lines, you have to think about what your saying and interpreting the character's motivation.  But in improv, there's no thought.  It's an exciting natural overflow of your character.

TBA:  Are there any directors you would love to see this film so that they can cast you in their next movie?
BG: Truth be told, I promised my wife I would take off the rest of the year once I wrapped on "III" so I'm trying really hard to make good on that.  We're expecting our first child in April so we're both super excited about it!  Next year I hope to hit the ground with my feet running on new projects and promoting "III", but I'll probably take another sabbatical when the little guy gets here.

TBA:  What leading lady and/or actor would you love to work with?
BG:  Rob Lowe.  I've always been a big fan of him ever since Wayne's World back in 1990, and even now his character on NBC's Parks and Recreation is so funny.  He looks like he would be a lot of fun to work with but he's so pro at the same time.  Much like John Stamos, he's very underrated and overly good looking.  If I could look half as good as he does pushing 50 years old then I think I'll be doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment